Wednesday 25 July 2012

Oh, Boy!

Yes, oh, boy!
So I've not been writing much these last two days. It's because not a lot is happening. I'm more aware of me. My needs first and all that jazz! If I'm not well enough to do it, it doesn't happen.
Thankfully we had the cleaner round last night. I feel like bowing prostrations to her sometimes! As I was extra tired last week I had no energy to even put things away after I'd used them and some of the bags from holiday are still hanging around waiting for me to devote half an hour to them.
I have been managing a bit of forum chat with the yoga group. Good to know they're out there for me. I've been doing a couple of classes of Qi training. The understanding of Qi is a fascinating world. It is not a faith group but learning how to harness life energy. I certainly need a bit of life energy. So I'm giving it a try.
One book I have been picking up over the last month (it's only about 200 large print pages, so that shows you how long it can take me to read a book!) has helped me understand this more. It is about a Buddhist priest's pilgrimage to South Korea with her Master and senior Master. They climb cliff-edge mountains and wade through typhoons to visit innumerable higher-than-the-clouds monasteries and temples. She learns a lot along the way and realises that all she needs to do is let go and believe in herself. By the end, she "gets" it and her senior Master pronounces her a Master too. The Qi centre, teaches a lot of that too. We don't need to be stressed in life because the energy is there.
A lot of ME is about that. We have to let go and believe that we can recover so that we stop stressing about it so much. By decreasing the mind stress (which helps only to a certain extent!) the body stress can start to heal too. My word there is a lot of body to heal. I hate that my cells are damaged- damn that original virus!!! my muscles still ache if I do a little too strenuous yoga. I get headaches if I don't sleep well or my day has been too busy. I will be able to move on; patience is a big hurdle, it just takes time!

No comments:

Post a Comment