Friday 27 July 2012

Blimey That Was Close!

What was a close shave was that the Qi centre I started learning with a couple of weeks ago went further than just a centre to help people. I am sure that many Qi healers help people without asking much back. I have read about healers in Korea who heal and ask nothing, as payment in monetary or any other form removes the idea of helping other people.
People who need help are vulnerable. This Qi centre wanted to take us further, myself and my husband. I was receiving amazing things from the treatments- and I felt a difference. Just with a 15 minute treatment I felt refreshed, in some cases even a relief, a floating sensation. It can be described as a form of inducing relaxation, removing tension and acupuncture points are known to achieve this and scientifically proven to achieve this.
So what else were they asking...? The concept was taken further. We all have spirits around us at all times, spirits from our ancestors, they were suggesting. Spiritual healing is available in many forms and as I have not experienced any other I will not comment on them. The big difference here was not only monetary but it was cult status. Leading towards giving up friends, living an isolated life with only a few of the other members, offering the same options to more vulnerable people.
I love the fact that they go out and give treatments to firemen, paramedics, the sick and homeless in shelters and around the streets, children in clubs and offer their services there for free. But the accounts available to see at the government charity commission online don't add up, neither does the extortionate fees for one hour's chanting every day for 49 days to heal the ancestors spirits (they can do chanting for so many people all at once that if they have only one session booked during that day, that is all that they might do)
I understand in Africa there are ceremonies that say goodbye to the spirits as well as the body, it is equivalent to how the Christian world has created the funeral.As much as I believe in giving, as long as I remain vulnerable and need extra help before I can start giving to others, I would rather give what I can myself and help myself first. Giving so much to a charity and buying into a religion for 100 days training and 49 days ancestral healing, for what seems more like the fees of a wedding before I've met the man and understand what a wedding or marriage actually signifies, is not something I'm planning on doing right now! I've enough on my plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment