Wednesday 13 June 2012

What Do I Do With My Day?

8am Woke up
9am On living room floor practising yoga
9.30am Meditation followed by Breakfast. Blueberry/yoghurt/milk smoothie- thank you Kenwood blender. This concept of eating protein to stave off the blood sugar lows is great, such a simple thing for breakfast will keep me going for hours.
10am Checking emails and typing at Kitchen table, whilst listening to Simon Mayo's Confessions podcast.
11am Just finished talking to a friend, who popped in at 10.40 for a quick chat and "how are you". Also managed 5 minutes lying on the floor after a parcel came in the post- a new yoga bolster pillow. Ideal for putting under the knees to ease the back when lying on the floor. Wonderfully relaxing. Going to do that again now, with a Yoga Nidra meditation, am feeling sleepy...
12pm That was quick! 45minutes of meditation and a ten minute yoga stretch for my tight neck and shoulders. I should probably say that yes I rolled my shoulders and bent my spine over and back, but the fact that I was concentrating on my breath and coinciding the movement with the inhaling and exhaling makes it a yoga 'union' practise. Will check email-expecting something from a friend-, read a bit of pdf leaflet I downloaded about ME.
12.30pm Lunch! I deserve an omelette with bread or toast. My omelettes are very unsophisticated, like a lazy scrambled egg. Break the eggs into the pan after frying up whatever I might choose to add as an extra, then swish them around a bit and leave to cook for a couple of minutes! (Eyes starting to droop!)
1pm finished lunch, yum; put half a tin of wild salmon in the pan before the egg, also swirled a bit of spinach round the pan once the omelette was on the plate. Brilliant menu, most of it completed by sitting at the kitchen table waiting for everything to cook! As it is so cold today- 12th June, WHY!!!- I also had toast instead of bread. (eyes definitely drooping, will wait for OH to ring for our daily lunchtime chat at 1.25 then have a rest) going to find my pyjamas and fill hot water bottles.
2pm managed the chat, change into pyjamas and a bit of a rest, then an unexpected visitor-my brother showed up on my doorstep. It is very difficult to say "no" when you see someone so rarely, so we sat at the kitchen table and my eyes drooped more and more. I was able to hold the conversation together though and was pleased to see him.
2.30pm I have fiddled a little with the Hampshire County Library website and downloaded the second Harry Potter book. Stephen Fry's dulcet tones will keep me company for a while now... To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment