Friday 29 June 2012

Monthly Achievements, Again

Another list, this time brought together over the month.

I dug up some weeds for about five minutes. They were tall but had really short roots and just required a large fork- so no bending!
Two weeks later I took out the hand held loppers and attacked a Dogwood tree by our front path and some Snowberry by the front gate. Again it took less than 10 minutes and my husband cleared up after me, when he came back from work (useful aren't they!!!)

Began to tidy up our spare room, which we call the music room as it contains the piano, my flutes and all my music. It will also contain my OH's vinyl collection (over 1000 12" singles and albums). This task has so far taken the last four weeks with the help of my Mum, our cleaner Helen (bless her thoroughness) and IKEA's delivery service!!! Boxes and piles of sorting were put on the living room floor and occasionally on the bed for me to sit and wade through. But it is great to have the energy to do that and to sit on my heels on the floor for an hour with the shredder whirring in front of me is particularly cleansing.

Reading more, when I choose to and without dire consequences; I have finished a few books this month. As I used to do when I was a child, I have a few books running in tandem and pick up which ever book meets my mood. However it now takes me weeks or months to get through some books, at the age of 8,9! 10, I was reading each book in about 3 days!

Yoga class in the garden, using the iPad and various mats, blankets and bolsters on the grass. I have downloaded a few free classes from iTunes, perfect for beginners and thanks to a couple of good teachers I know I can sit back or lie down, or even adapt a few minutes, if I know particular poses are going to be too much. I have loved doing this in the garden a few times, hopefully as the summer moves on I can do this more often. This is also a great place for lying and doing yoga meditations-see my sunbathing post! (link)

I am loving my own space. As much as I would like to be a social thirty-something again, I remember now how much I love walking by myself, in solitude, with no sounds but my feet crunching and birds singing (I will content myself with sitting or lying in the garden for now and dream of the walking!). Time to myself indoors with nothing happening is bliss too. And I'm not straight on my own case when a day goes by and I don't achieve anything mind-blowing.

So another month, more little things happening. I have been told that I might be surprised at how little change there is in the first 6months and then how much change there is in the second 6months; I will wait with baited, but calm and steady, breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment