Wednesday 30 May 2012

Banana Wednesdays

They are in the oven. Banana and chocolate chip, oat-flake muffins. Well I needed an easy recipe as I was determined to achieve my Wednesday goal of Muffin Making. The difficulties today are
a. I am still tired thanks partly to the weather,
b. I am hobbling thanks to my hips stiffening this morning for no particular reason that I can remember,
c. Ingredients in the house are not very compatible.- half a packet of chocolate chips, only 2 small over-ripe bananas which I knew had to factor in somewhere but couldn't be held to blame if they didn't give a great deal of flavour, not a lot of flour and I can't cook with nuts as OH can't take them to work (he works in a food manufacturing lab; testing and tasting flavours: NO Nuts or Sesame allowed)

Thanks to getting the ground work done, ingredients on table, scales at the ready, mixer clean and on standby and oven heated with muffin tray organised, I completed in quick time. Less than 15 minutes for the whole job. Banana not particularly well mashed as my arm is also aching and I mightn't get full marks for the mixing of liquids; but a lumpy result in muffins is recommended by some I am sure(?!)
I'm pleased I have done this, an achievement for the day. Some days drag with so little activity- especially with this hotter weather. Sitting with a nice view or audio book has to be done without the mind wandering or frustration and worries taking over, and that can be difficult. 20 minutes of something which will last for the rest of the week is great. Obviously 6 months of recovery will last for the rest of my life, but it is a tough job to remember that sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment